CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Teen Court cases!!!

Well I said I would post about the 4 cases we had this past Monday so that is what I am going to do now!! Hope you all enjoy!

#1 Case-Was an 18 yr old girl-Theft under $50....She had an attitude the whole time, she previously has gotten 2 speeding tickets and 1 skipping school ticket and now the theft ticket she says she did all of this to just push the limits to see if she could get away with it! When the attorneys got done questioning her and she was walking off stand she rolled her eyes and stuck her tongue out!! To say the least she got the Maximum punishment(40 hrs and 6 jury terms)! I was so happy I had nothing to do with this case!

#2 Case-Was a 17 yr old girl-Theft under $50-On this case I was the defense attorney and I am so happy I was...I have come to like this girl alot and I wish she did not live so far away so after she gets done with her punishment she can be a volunteer but she has to drive 2 hours to get to teen court....Her case was kinda sad...She gets there and asked me if she could not get on stand and just get maximum, well I said yes because you do not have to get on stand...She was nervous abotu getting up there and she was crying and freaking out...I told her to watch the first case and then decide if she wanted to go on stand...Well right before court started we went to sit down by the jury and 2 guys start saying stuff to her like "you should have run and gotten away", "your a bad kid for stealing", and "I can't believe you stole"...So then she started to cry again because she felt bad enough already and they were making her feel extremely bad....But on her case the prosecuting attorney being my friend Lauren asked my client what she thought she deserved and she said Maximum but she got Minimum punishment(30 hrs and 5 jury terms) which was a shock...I was so happy though because I think everyone felt bad for her, she already got grounded from her phone and car for 4 months and had to spend a night in jail for the Theft.

#3 Case-Was a 16 yr old guy-Speeding-This was also my case, I was again the defense attorney..This case was a little confusing and still is but everyone believes what he said because he did not look or sound or act like he was lieing(sp)...He said he got a ticket for driving 78 in a 55 speed limit zone but he claims he had his cruise on 55 and that a car flew by him on a windy and hilly rode and that probably the officer just clocked the other person but thought it was my client. He got middle of the road though which was 27 hrs and 4 jury terms I think.

#4 Case-Was a 15 yr old guy-Trespassing-He was in an alternative school and he got out of school and was going to go to a teen center in Brownsboro so he was walking on the Brownsboro middle school side walk so he could cross the highway to get to the teen center and he got a ticket for being on the middle school property because since he was in an alternative school he could not be on any of brownsboro's school property's except for the alternative one and no one had told him till a week after he got ticket. He got middle of the road too.

So that's how our cases went.....Last night we got to stay after church for a youth fellowship and spend some more time with the missionary family from Germany before they leave saturday so we stayed there till 11:15p.m. just talking to them and playing with their 4 month old baby.....I can't wait till tomorrow because we are going over to a family in our church house to talk to them and the missionary family to see what all Megan needs to know for when she goes to Germany in August.... Well hope everyone has a GREAT week!

3 comments:

Rebekah said...

Thanks for telling us about your cases! :)

TO BECOME said...

Good Job!!!

Glad you are enjoying your Missionary friends. Granny

Morgan said...

Rebekah,

Not a problem!!

Granny,

Thanks so much!! Yes we are enjoying them alot, we are all going to miss them when they leave though!! See you next weekend!!

Luv ya,
~Morgan~